The most popular and widely used Spectrum universal remote control comes in various models and each models have different operating features. Spectrum remote URC1160 is one of the best models of this brand. This remote is completely designed to control your cable box and can turn on or off all the devices you want to watch with a single keypress. However, this remote doesn’t control TV power, volume, mute and input keys. So, in this article you will get all the programming instructions to connect your cable box to Spectrum remote URC1160.
Spectrum Remote URC1160 Codes List
How to Program Spectrum Universal Remote URC1160
Programming Spectrum universal remote URC1160 is quite an easy task. You can program your desired devices with two common methods and if you want same methods for spectrum remote codes rc122 then go through this, one by code finder setup method in which the remote itself detect the correct code for the device. This procedure generally helps when your TV unit brand is not so popular one.
Second programming method is by using code entry, when your TV is one of the popular brands. In code entry method, you are required to have a correct code that can pair your device to the remote.
How to Program Spectrum Remote URC1160 To MY TV
Apart from programming cable box, you can also control your TV unit of any brand with Spectrum remote URC1160 and that too with simple programming procedure the method works for program spectrum remote to tcl tv. As mentioned above, your TV can be controlled with two common methods code finder and code entry method. You just need to follow these instructions step by step and you will be able to connect the remote to your TV unit.
Here we have given instruction guides for both methods to connect your TV with URC1160.
How to Program Spectrum Remote URC1160 Using Code Entry
- Turn on your TV.
- Press and hold Menu and OK buttons at the same time, until the Input key blinks two times.
- Now enter the code from the user manual using the digit keys on the remote.
- Now press any key on the remote to check if the TV is working on the commands of the remote. If it doesn’t work, then try again using the next code.
How to Program Spectrum Remote URC1160 For Popular Brands
- Switch on your TV.
- Press and hold Menu and OK keys simultaneously on Spectrum remote URC1160, until the Input key blinks twice.
- Now press and release the TV Power key once.
- Next use your TV brand code to enter the code by pressing and holding down the digit key of your TV brand.
- Now release the digit key and you will notice that your TV turns off, means you have successfully programmed your TV.
FAQ of Spectrum URC1160 Remote
1). How to use URC1160?
Ans: To use the remote you have to follow few instructions, but before using it, install brand new batteries in the remote first and then switch on the device you want to operate. Then follow steps given below:
- Press MENU on the remote.
- Now select Settings & Support from the left menu shown on TV.
- Then select Support from the left menu.
- Then select Remote Control from the middle tiles.
- And lastly, select RF Pair New Remote from the middle tiles and follow the instructions given on TV screen.
2). What kind of devices I can program with the remote?
Ans: You can control your TV, cable box, and audio devices from Spectrum URC1160.
3). Where will I get the code for devices I want to control with the remote?
Ans: You can find the code for the device either in the user manual or online.
4). Which brand of batteries are best to use in my remote?
Ans: Spectrum URC1160 uses AA size batteries. The company recommends alkaline batteries for longer battery life, but you can use heavy duty batteries as well.
5). How to set the volume controls to audio device without controlling TV?
Ans: Spectrum URC1160 has amazing volume lock feature which let you to control volume of different devices without controlling disturbing other device. To set up the volume lock feature, press and hold MENU and OK button until the INPUT key blinks twice, and follow the instructions given below:
- To control TV’s volume, press the VOLUME UP key.
- To control Audio device’s volume, press the VOLUME DOWN key.
- To control Spectrum Cable Box’s volume, press MUTE.