Spectrum remote RC122 is the most common and widely used universal remote. If you have brought Spectrum universal remote control model RC122 to operate several devices at your home with this one remote, then you are definitely going to need a proper guideline to program your device with this remote. To ease your workload, we have given detailed information about the programming method in this article which you can read and follow step by step process and connect your devices.
Spectrum Remote RC122 Codes List
How to Program Spectrum Remote RC122
Programming Spectrum remote RC122 with various devices is very easy and can be done with 2 easy methods. First, when you have remote code and second when you can’t find the code in the user manual, or online. So, here you will get a complete procedure to sync your device with Spectrum remote RC122 with or without code. Also, we have mentioned a process that will make you know which device code has been programmed inside your remote.
Programming device using 4 digits code With Spectrum RC122 Remote
This method of programming a device with Spectrum remote RC122 will work when you find the correct device code to be entered in the remote. You are required to follow a few simple steps which are mentioned below:
- Switch on the device.
- Press and hold the Select/OK button and Device key (TV, DVD, AUX, VCR) on the remote until all the device keys blink twice.
- Now enter the 4 digits code. All device keys will blink thrice to indicate the code you have entered was accepted.
- Now you can test the device by aiming the remote towards the device and pressing any button on the remote.
- If your device is operating, means the code you entered was correct. If the system is not working, then repeat the process from Step 1.
How To Program Spectrum Remote rc122 Without Codes
In case you couldn’t find the device code you want to program, then don’t worry, we have another procedure by which your remote will auto-detect the code and install it in its system. For that, you need to follow mentioned method.
- Turn on your device.
- Now press and hold the Select/OK button and Device key (TV, DVD, AUX, VCR) until all the device keys on the remote blink twice.
- Next press 991 on the remote. The device key you selected will blink twice now.
- Aim the remote towards the device and press Play key once, then press Select/OK as the device powers off.
- Now verify the new code by pressing the Power key. Your device will turn on again, now press the Select/OK button to assign the code.
- If the device doesn’t turns on then follow these steps:
- Turn on the device.
- Press the Rewind or Fast forward button to correct the code.
- Now when the device turns off, press the Select/OK key to assign the code.
How To Program Spectrum Remote rc122 With Autocode Search
In the second method you have auto-detected the code, now if you want to know which device code has been installed in your remote control, then you are required to follow a few steps that will give you the code for future reference.
- Press and hold the Select/OK button and device key you want to program (TV, DVD, AUX, VCR) until all device keys blink twice.
- Now press 990 keys from the number key. The device key you selected will blink twice.
- Next press 1 and count the number of times the device key blinks. The number of blinks indicates the digit in the code. For instance, if the key blinks 4 times, means the first digit of the code is 4. But the device key doesn’t blink, which means the digit is 0.
- Now press 2 and count the number of blinks. This is for the second digit of the code.
- Similarly, press 3 and count the number of blinks again. This is for the third digit of the code.
- Lastly, press 4 and count the number blinks. This is for the fourth digit of the code.
- When all four digits in the code are identified, the device keys will blink thrice. Now you can record the code.
Here in this article, we have briefly explained the procedure of programming devices using Spectrum Remote RC122. You can now use any of these methods to operate various devices at your home with RC122 and enjoy your entertainment time. If you have any queries regarding any of the methods, then you can comment on the section given below.