Spectrum Universal remote control is the best solution for your entertainment needs. Its simple handling system can easily setup with your TV, cable box, music system and other devices and will keep you entertained. Apart from programming your Spectrum remote to TV, you can also pair the remote with cable box and enjoy controlling your TV and cable box with a single remote. The main purpose of Spectrum universal remote is to resolve the issue of handling multiple remote with one remote at home.
To program the Spectrum Universal remote to the cable box one need to enter a specific code just like you need a code to pair your phone with another phone via Bluetooth. These codes are usually available on the user manual that come along with the remote or you can also check them online. Spectrum cable box remote codes are commonly of 3 or 4 digits and sometime just a 0, that allow the device to be operated with one remote.
Spectrum Cable Box Remote Codes List
Spectrum remote control comes with a user manual which inform you about the functions of remote and the procedure to program it with your cable box. In the manual, you will find listing of codes for different devices. In the same list you will get the codes for Spectrum cable box remote as well. You just need to mark the code for your cable box and enter the code in the remote to start its working. In case, you don’t find the code on the user manual, then you can also check it online. You can also check the list of Spectrum cable box remote codes here:
Spectrum remote is the best choice if you find difficulty in juggling with multiple remotes at your home. Spectrum remote can connect with your cable box easily in no time and let you binge watch your favourite show. To program Spectrum remote to the cable box you need to follow these simple steps that are given below:
How to program Spectrum remote to cable box
- Switch on your cable box.
- Hold the Spectrum remote while facing the cable box at a comfortable distance.
- Now press CBL, OK/SELL, and CBL buttons simultaneously on your remote. They should remain in place for at least a couple of seconds until the LED light turns on.
- At this point, enter the correct codes for your cable box brand and model while the light is turned on. You can enter multiple codes for different brands, you just need to wait a while between each code.
- If you do not have the codes, continue press CH – and CH + buttons. This will search the correct code automatically for your cable box model. You will require to hold the button down for a few seconds, until you get the correct code.
- After entering the correct code, your cable box and remote will turn off automatically.
- Now to check the completion of the process, press the POWER button.
- Press the CBL button once again to save the code and complete the process.
Spectrum Remote urc1160 not working with cable box
Its common with the technology and electronic devices to have issues, after all they are just machines. There are several reasons that may be causing issue with your Spectrum universal remote model urc1160. It may be because of memory failure, booting issue, streaming error, not accessing advanced services, internet connection issue, troubleshoot error and so on. If there is some issue occurred with your remote, just relax, we will help to fix the issue in the technical domain.
Just follow these steps to fix the issue in your Spectrum Universal remote urc1160:
- Turn off cable box using the power button.
- Now take out the power cables of the device and press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Take out the batteries of the remote and wait for 3-5 minutes before plugging them back. Keep pressing and holding the power button on the remote for a few seconds even after taking out the batteries.
- It will take around 3-5 minutes to set-up everything.
- Now plug everything back in and turn on your cable box. Now try using the Spectrum remote and see if this fixes the issue.
Spectrum universal remote is the thing you need to have it from a long time. Its easily accessible functions with all the electronics devices at your home let you enjoy your show without getting messy with the chaos of multiple remotes. In this article, we have given you a brief guidance and information about the programming of Spectrum remote to your cable box. So now, roll up your sleeves and follow all the step-by-step instructions and get the entertainment started.